Selcoperm electrolytic chlorination systems produce hypochlorite solution from a solution of common salt using electricity, without creating any notable by products. The produced hypochlorite solution has a pH value between 8 and 8.5 and a maximum equivalent chlorine concentration of less than 8 g/l. Due to its long half-life, it is ideal for storage in a buffer tank.
Features and benefits
- Only water, common salt and electricity is needed for the electrolysis
- Low operating costs
- Common salt is non-toxic and easy to store
- Fresh hypochlorite is always on hand
- Disinfectant solution does not dissociate like commercial hypochlorite solutions
- Approved disinfection method complying with drinking water regulations
- Alternative with less safety requirements to chlorine-gas based systems
- Robust and elementary components – low-maintenance and a long service life
The systems are a good alternative to chlorine-gas based systems. Typical disinfection applications for electrolytic chlorination systems are above all
- Drinking water treatment
- Swimming pool water treatment
- Wastewater treatment.